If you are enrolled in work2future services, you may be interested in finding out more about job training programs. Obtaining job training can assist you in beginning a new career or transitioning to a different career; job training can also prepare you for further advancement in your industry. Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to enroll in a job training program funded by work2future. If you would like to pursue this possibility, you will need to complete several steps prior to meeting with a training specialist:
- If you haven’t already done so, you will first need to enroll in work2future services.
- Once you have enrolled into work2future services, you will meet with a talent coach who will discuss options available to you, including the possibility of beginning a job training program through one of work2future’s local approved vendors.
- Your talent coach will then provide comprehensive case notes to a training specialist.
- You will then be referred to to WinSolutions/WorkKeys – you must complete the WorkKeys and test at a level 4 or above.
- In addition, depending on your situation, you may be asked to enroll in a Transferable Skills Workshop if you are changing careers.
- You will also need an updated / current resume; if you do not have one, you must attend the Resume Development Workshop.
- Whether or not you attended the Resume Development Workshop, you must attend the Resume Critique Workshop. Be sure to bring your updated / current resume with you.
- Should your talent coach ask you to complete any other steps (additional workshops and/or activities), you will need to complete those steps as well.
Once you have completed all of the steps above, you will receive a referral form that will direct you to a training specialist; note that if these steps are not completed, you will not be scheduled for an appointment with a training specialist.
The training specialist will contact you to schedule an appointment to discuss your interest in enrolling into a job training program; note that appoints are scheduled in the order in which the referrals are received. Please be advised that work2future / WIA training is not an entitlement, and that completing the above steps does not guarantee you will be able to enroll into a job training program; each client’s situation is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Note that if you are recommended for training after meeting with the training specialist, the process can take up to a maximum of 60 days.If your training specialist recommends you for training, work2future may be able to assist in the the cost of training and may also assist with supportive services such as a bus pass or gasoline reimbursement.
For further information about work2future job training, meet with a Talent Coach at work2future.
The City of